REPORT ON MEDICAL CAMP IN WARD NO:2 CHERUMUGHA, NOORNAD PANCHAYAT
Many people die because of their inability to meet the expenses of the costly treatment of their disease. The medical camp will provide an opportunity for the community to get access to free treatment and health education with an aim of improving their health. Furthermore, the medical camp will act as an epidemiological surveillance tool to enable identification of common diseases in the area, predisposing factors and high risk groups there by creating a firm foundation for disease prevention and management.
The collected data from the camp will provide statistical evidence for trend analysis over the prospective medical camp, conducted in ward number 2, Vadakevalil, Cherumugha , Noornad panchayath on 18-03-15. This will significantly contribute to the planning of health services within the targeted area which will focus on community health needs. Josco multi-speciality hospital has come in a big way to provide free medical aid to the needy poor patients
OBJECTIVES OF THE MEDICAL CAMP
a) HEALTH EDUCATION ON “KNOW DIABETES MELLITUS AND NO DIABETES MELLITUS”
- Initialize awareness campaigns to educate people.
- Provide free and high quality medical services in different field for poor population.
- Registration of detected cases and refer to specialized centers.
- Screening for Diabetes Mellitus.
- Screening for Hyperlipidemia.
- Measuring weight, height, waist and hip for calculating BMI & WHR.
PROGRAMME FOR THE INAUGURAL MEDICAL CAMP AT VADAKEVALIL, CHERUMUGHA , NOORNAD GRAMA PANCHAYATH
- Introduction on lifestyle diseases
- Definition of diabetes mellitus
- Causes of diabetes mellitus
- Signs and symptoms of diabetes mellitus
- Diagnostic tests
- Management of diabetes mellitus
On the first day of the camp attended members are :-
- 6:30AM : Arrival of the medical camp health team, representatives from ward number 2, clients Cherumugha in Noornad Grama Panchayath.
- 6:35AM : Introducing the purpose of medical camp by camp co-ordinator Mr.Vinod.
- 6:45AM : Registration started and attended clients according to the token number assigned.
- 7:00AM : Checked Height and Weight and calculated WHR and BMI.
- 7:30AM : Checked Blood Pressure of clients.
- 8:00AM : Collected blood sample for checking FBS and Total Cholesterol.
- 8:30AM : Provided refreshment for everyone who attended the camp.
- 9:30AM : Stopped registration of clients
- 9:35AM : Official opening of the medical camp by representatives from ward number 2 Cherumugha, Mrs.Ammini.
- 10:15AM : Diabetes mellitus presentation by Mr.Vinod campaign co-ordinator & diabetic educator, Josco multispeciality hospital.
- 12PM : Distribution of lab results.
- 1PM : Closing ceremony with remarks by the local leaders and representatives.
- Clients : 150
- Camp co-ordinator : 01
- Number of faculties : 02
- Number of M. Sc nursing students : 03
- Number of B. Sc nursing students : 09
- Lab technicians : 02
- MLT students : 02
- Non-teaching staffs : 02
The medical camp conducted in ward number 2, Cherumugha, Noornad Grama Panchayath was an effective programme. Most of the community members were participated and utilized the screening modalities which were given by Josco multispeciality hospital.