THE PARENT – TEACHER ASSOCIATION OF JOSCO COLLEGE OF NURSING
Josco College of Nursing supports and encourages an on – going partnership between the
College, Parents and the Management. The Parent – Teacher Association (PTA) of Josco
College of Nursing is an active forum for:
- Fostering good relationships between parents and teachers
- Encouraging spirit of cooperation and pride in the accomplishments of the college
- To review the progress of the college through Parent Development Meetings.
- To effectively communicate between the college and the parents.
- To work for the welfare of the students, teachers and also for the development of the
- To foster and promote good relationship among the teaching staff, students and parents/
guardians of the students.
- To assist students coming from socially and economically backward groups financially to
complete Nursing education successfully.
- To promote scholarships, prizes, medals, endowments etc to encourage students showing
high proficiency in their studies and co – curricular activities.
The activities of the PTA are planned and implemented by the Executive Committee,
nominated every year, in the annual General Body Meeting. The committee in turn, elects the
office bearers. The General Body meets at least once in a year, and the Executive Committee
meets on a regular basis as and when required, to consider various matters pertaining to the
discipline and the development of the college.
Apart from rendering financial assistance for various programmes connected with the
college and also for enhancing the physical resources in the campus, the association has been an
effective and supportive forum for the maintenance of the discipline as well as sustenance of
academic excellence in the campus.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF TEACHERS
The teachers were alone in the endeavor of ensuring good education. Now they would
have the support of community and parents through Parent – Teachers association in each
college. Teachers will ensure regular attendance of students in the college.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENTS
Parents have the right:
- Provide quality and remedial teaching to ensure achievement of students up to a
- Ensure equitable treatment to all students.
- Present and review the annual academic report to Parent Teacher Association to ensure
- Organize PTA meetings to consult and review the academic achievement of students and
other problems of college.
- To form Parent Teacher Association and elect President, Vice President and Executive
- To identify suitable teachers to contribute their time to teaching in college on an honorary
basis and enlist them through PTA.
- To see answer sheets of their students in meetings of Parents Teacher Association and to
take action to improve situations of weaker students.
- To augment the resources of college.
- Learning achievement of students