Provide baccalaureate and post graduate nursing education to foster intellectual development and excellence in nursing education through teaching and learning to motivate and develop competent, productive, God fearing professionals, leaders and citizens.
Provide safe, compassionate and culturally sensitive care to patients and their families within a healing environment with respect for the dignity and privacy of every individual.
Develop nurses who are dedicated to excellence through advanced knowledge of the discipline and demonstrate leadership in meeting the health care needs of the diverse society.
Nursing at Josco College of Nursing is a premier department which advances the scholarly level of Nursing professionals through an environment that fosters Mutual Respect, Leadership, Decision making and Technology integration to be recognized as a leading centre for Nursing Education in Kerala.
Be a recognized leader in positively impacting the health of a diverse global society through professional preparation and inter professional collaboration for advancing nursing knowledge and responsiveness to societal needs.
On completion of the B.Sc Nursing program the graduates are expected to:-
- Assess the health status, identify the health needs and problems, and plan implement and evaluate quality nursing care for clients that contribute to health of individuals, families and community .
- Demonstrate competency in the skill of nursing and ability to guide others in rendering quality care to individuals and families
- Participate and collaborates as members of health team to provide comprehensive health care.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, skills on management, and decision making abilities in providing health care.
Maintains satisfying, inter personal relationship with individuals and social groups by effective communication .
- Respect human life and its right from the moment of conception till natural end regardless of caste, creed, race, colour, intelligence or political status.
- Participate in research activities and contribute towards extension of nursing knowledge.
- Assumes responsibility for continue learning and professional growth.
- Evaluate the care given striven continuously to attain higher levels of quality care
- Practice ethical values in ones own personal and professional life.
On completions of Post-Basic B. Sc nursing degree programme the graduates will be able to:
- Assess health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients /clients that contribute to health of individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological and behavioral science
- Participate as members of health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision making abilities in various situations.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings
- Demonstrate managerial skills in various health care settings.
- Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
- Function as an effective teacher in a school / college of nursing
- Recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
On completion of the 2 year M.Sc Nursing programme, the graduates will be able to:
- Apply the concepts, theories & principles of nursing science.
- Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing as a nurse specialist.
- Establish collaborative relationship with the members of other disciplines
- Assume leadership in various care setting.
- Participate in health planning, implementation and evaluation at different levels of health care system.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
- Function as effective nurse educators and nurse managers.
- Conduct independent nursing research and utilize the health research findings in nursing practice and education.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate interest and positive attitude in continuing education for personal and professional growth.